Thursday 16 March 2017

"Life Is Better When You're Laughing"

Hey! Thought I'd throw a TV post in as it is the love of my life; so today I'll be talking about a few of my favourite comedy shows. (I am excluding Friends from this post, although it is the best thing ever, because you'll get bored of how much I mention it within my life). So lets get on with it...


The Mindy Project


I honestly can't even find the right words to explain how much I love this show. It focuses on an office of Ob/Gyn's; mainly Mindy Lahiri (played by Mindy Kaling) who is basically what I feel like I'm growing up to be like (apart from the doctor part....not smart enough for that). It gave me a new found love for Mindy Kaling and Chris Messina...like it took me 16 years of my life to know these perfect people exist. The day Fox made the idiotic decision to cancel it literally broke my heart, luckily Hulu swooped in and saved it (although its not international so I barely get to watch it anymore). Just please give this a try because it definitely has brightened up my life so much!


 New Girl


This focuses on Jess Day's (played by Zooey Deschanel) life after moving in with three men she has never met. I'm aware that description made it seem quite sinister but it is just one of the greatest things ever. The originality of each character and the actors who play them are a massive contributing factor to its success. It is something you watch and instantly fall in love with the dynamic of the show and the characters lives. It brightens my day whenever I watch it and I'm just in love with Nick and Jess...like please get back together soon (also fully in love with Nick Miller).


 Ugly Betty


I know this show was more drama than comedy but it had to be included on the list as it holds a very special place in my heart. It was the first series that I truly fell in love with and Betty Suarez became someone I looked up to (and looked like when I had my braces and glasses at the same time), but America Ferrera will forever be my favourite person. It focuses on Betty when starting work at MODE magazine and her struggles as she isn't the 'norm' for a fashion magazine. Her courage and determination not to let anyone define her made the show as amazing as it was and made Betty the perfect role model (literally if I had money to I would fund a reunion because it needs to happen!)


 Superstore


Another America Ferrera show...can you blame me? I freaking love this! It focuses on the employees at a massive chain store, and as someone who works at a supermarket this show is just hilarious with how it portrays life working there. It is just so funny and the characters are so great, its just the perfect light comedy everybody needs to see!


 The Office US


I started watching this after watching The Mindy Project as Mindy Kaling was in it and instantly fell in love! It focuses on the employees at a fictional paper company called Dunder Mifflin. I don't know if it is something everybody will love as I am forever re watching it and laughing as hard as the first time but my brother kindly tells me its 'weird' and he 'doesn't like how the camera is' but I would definitely say give it a try because its something everyone needs to see (and it features the best love story of all time, prepare to be insanely invested in the fictional lives of Jim Halpert and Pam Beesly). 


 Young & Hungry


I've loved Emily Osment since she played Lily in Hannah Montana (and you're lying if you say you haven't) so when I found out she had a new show I just knew I had to watch it and I'm so glad I did! It focuses on Gabi, a food blogger who is hired by a wealthy tech entrepreneur Josh to be his personal chef. The characters are all individually amazing and it is super funny, my only problem is that I ship Josh and Gabi so much but all they seem to do is break up and get back together and if I'm honest it's kind of getting boring now (I hate feeling like this).


 How I Met Your Mother


I was so obsessed with this for the longest time! But it truly was something so amazing and unique, a constant guessing game that had you needing more. It introduced me to all of the actors as I had no idea who they were before this and I'm eternally grateful for that. It focuses on Ted who is telling his children the story of how he met their mother through a series of flashbacks. There was a lot of controversy over the ending of this show which is something I cannot pick a side on; from the beginning I loved Ted and Robin together and truly thought she would be the mother (stupid of me I know) but then Barney and Robin happened and I was obsessed like utterly obsessed, then the show ended with Ted and Robin being endgame and I wasn't angry but I'd definitely rather watch Barney and Robin's love story unfold all over again.


 2 Broke Girls


I haven't watched this in the longest time and I'm so angry at myself for it because its just amazing! This show made me fall in love with Kat Dennings, everything shes been in is great! It focuses on 2 women, Max and Caroline who are working at a diner trying to get their cupcake business up and running while trying to raise the cash for it. Its hilarious and rude and just makes looking broke in New York a lot more glamorous than it probably is. I would definitely recommend it. 


 Awkward


I'm re-watching this right now for the third time and it just never gets old! It focuses on Jenna and her life, friendships and relationships throughout high school and college. It started when I was 14 and it was such a great show to grow up with as it could be quite relatable and at times dealt with serious subjects while adding that bit of humour. Also Matty Mckibben...what an amazing character, I literally lived for every Matty and Jenna scene. 


 Faking It


The biggest mistake ever was this show being cancelled, it dealt with so many important subjects in such a positive way, helped and informed people on certain topics. It focuses on two best friends Amy and Karma, who fake being lesbians for attention, which ends in Amy actually falling for her best friend. The cast were all amazing and I was left hooked with every episode, watching them grow throughout the show was amazing.


 Don't Trust the B


I never watched this when it aired but I recently found it on Netflix and was just obsessed! It focuses on June who moves to New York and moves in with party girl Chloe and they form an unlikely friendship. I just love this, I'm like envious of Chloe's life and James Van Der Beek is amazing as himself in this. It's hilarious and such a feel good show and definitely got cancelled way before it should have, you must watch it because it's just so great.


I hope you enjoyed this post and come back for my next one. I really recommend all these shows and hope you watch at least one! Do you have any recommendations for me? I'd love to know!



FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER / INSTAGRAM / BLOGLOVIN / TUMBLR



Share:
© Could I Be Anymore Boring? | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig