Sunday 28 May 2017

Closer Each Day....Home and Away.

Hey!

So today I'm going to talk all about Home and Away, it is my favourite thing like I'm seriously obsessed and it just doesn't get enough credit. I don't know anybody that watches this (other than people I've got on Twitter). 

If you don't know what Home and Away is, it's an Australian soap, that has been on air since 1988, which is set in the fictional town of Summer Bay and focuses on the lives, loves and heartbreaks of the people who live there. 


I have always loved Australian shows (like they're mostly set on beaches and the scenery is beautiful) but I've only been watching Home and Away since 2012. I started watching it because Luke Mitchell (who is one of my favourite actors) played Romeo and even though I missed a couple of years with him in it, I was hooked from the moment I started. It is the perfect mix of drama, comedy and at times mystery. 

When I first started it the Braxton's were rocking the Bay, they were the perfect story line for me to start on as they had their fair share of drama, love and heartbreak. I fell in love with Lincoln Younes, Dan Ewing, Stephen Peacocke and Nic Westaway who played Casey, Heath, Darryl (Brax) and Kyle Braxton. As well as Lisa Gormley and Bonnie Sveen who played Bianca Scott and Ricky Sharpe. They will forever be a huge part of Home and Away for me because they were the characters that got me hooked on the show.

Since I started it there have been many heartbreaking story lines. A few of which were the death of Romeo, Gina, Casey, Denny, Oscar, Hannah and Billie. There have also been story lines that include drugs, a cult, a bomb, witness protection, cancer, an explosion, a murder and many more. 

Home and Away have had some of the saddest death's out of any TV show I have watched. I am terrible when it comes to watching TV deaths and I am a very emotional person and will burst into tears at the slightest thing. They always know how to pull on the heartstrings of the viewers, some of the saddest parts of the deaths are the reactions and acting from the characters family members/other characters. 

Indi finding out Romeo had left town because he was dying and didn't want her to watch him die was the first thing to truly break my heart in this show and something that will forever upset me. Casey apologising and then dying in Brax's arms and then Brax refusing to let go of him had me sobbing. The main person who had me crying in Denny, Oscar and Hannah's deaths was Evie; losing her sister, twin brother and aunt within a short amount of time was heartbreaking but the way she breaks down with all of them had me in tears. Billie's death was sudden and shocking; the acting of everyone in this story line was incredible. I cried an insane amount and it honestly broke my heart, I was just incredibly sad after watching it, the scene on the beach with VJ and Luc was just so beautiful. Ash's reaction to finding out his little sister had died was truly heartbreaking and something I can see changing his character. 

I remember reading an article on the Daily Mail website about Tessa De Josselin joining Home and Away, at the time I had never heard of her and was unsure whether I would like her as I get so used to the characters on my screen that I hate when they leave and new cast start (even though most of the time I end up loving them). I only truly started to love her towards the beginning of (what I didn't know was) the end. I questioned her relationship with VJ at the start but really grew to love it. My heart broke for her when she was raped and pretty much all the scenes after it, I wasn't a fan of how long she lied to VJ about the baby for but could see where she was coming from and the love he had for her when he found out made me believe she would get a happy ending, unfortunately not.

The great thing with Home and Away is that it is a soap that has a forever changing cast, so you can jump in at anytime. Even though you will be confused and a little out of touch with the characters at first, after watching it for a week or two you will be able to keep up with everyone and soon will forget about the time you had no idea what was going on and waiting for your next dose of Summer Bay!



I hope you enjoyed this post and come back for my next one! I do hope you try out Home and Away, it is on weekdays on Channel 5 at either 1.15pm or 6pm. 





FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER / INSTAGRAM / BLOGLOVIN / 




Share:
© Could I Be Anymore Boring? | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig