Sunday 18 March 2018

"It's everything you ever want, it's everything you ever need"

Hey!

If you've guessed what this post is about from the title then...I like you! If not, don't worry because I'm here to educate you on the masterpiece that is The Greatest Showman.

This post is actually coming pretty late because I have been obsessing over this film for a good few months now, and I don't know why it has taken me so long to grab my laptop and start writing but here we finally are.

For those of you who don't know about this film you can watch the trailer here. The Greatest Showman focuses on the life on PT Barnum, a man with nothing who creates a worldwide spectacle. When I heard about it, I didn't actually know what the film was about, I was just sold on the fact it was a musical with Zac Efron in (like can you blame me?). But I ended up listening to the soundtrack before seeing the film and instantly fell in love with every song, I'm not even joking when I say I've listened to it at least once everyday since December. But nothing can compare to actually seeing it for the first time, within a minute into the film I knew I was going to be obsessed, it was such a whirlwind of emotions which I'm still quite not over.

Image result for the greatest showman

It is such a feel good movie and I left the cinema with a rush of determination to change my life, no dreams too big right? The second time I saw it, I went to a sing-a-long version and it was actually quite a special thing...a room full of strangers all connecting over their love for this film and singing a long didn't feel weird at all, although I did feel kind of sad when it was all over. I'm currently trying to convince my family to go and see it before it leaves the cinema, not only because I want to see it again but because I know they'd love it and its hard to explain my love for something to people who don't quite understand.

As I mentioned previously, Zac Efron was a big reason for me wanting to see this film. I grew up loving High School Musical, and I'm not even ashamed to say I still do! But the fact he was doing another musical was just the best thing I had heard in a while and his performance was so great, if he could keep doing musicals then I'd be happy 24/7. I've also got to mention how great Hugh Jackman was, he really had me hooked and he brought all the emotions from start to finish.

Every song on the soundtrack is wonderful its own way but there are 4 songs that are my overall favourites which are; The Greatest Show, The Other Side, This Is Me and Rewrite The Stars. These are the songs that I really connected with and thought were quite big moments within the film. This Is Me especially, the scene with this song in really pulled on my heart strings when I first saw it, its the moment when the people who have spent their life hiding away accept their differences and proudly embrace them which I love so much! "I am brave, I am bruised, I am who I'm meant to be, this is me" are definitely words to live by, stop worrying about what people think and just do!

If you haven't seen The Greatest Showman, what are you doing? Go and see it as soon as you can, because I promise you...once you have you'll be wondering why it took you so long! If you have seen it, I'd love to know your thoughts, your favourite parts/songs!

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed this post and will come back for my next one!
Share:
© Could I Be Anymore Boring? | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig