Saturday 11 April 2015

hey, havent I seen you somewhere before?

Is it just me or do you also love seeing actors/actresses from films/TV shows you watched when you were younger in what you're watching now? Because for me I absolutely love it! Especially when it is a completely different role..because I'm so used to seeing them as one character, when I see them in something else it makes me think of the previous character in this new role!

Some examples of my favourite 'oh I know you' are:

1. Eliza Taylor (The sleepover club-The 100)
Eliza Taylor played Rosie Cartwright in The Sleepover Club and now plays Clarke Griffin in The 100.

When I was younger the sleepover club was my favourite thing (australian shows have always been my thing,as you'll be able to tell by a few of these)..just the thought of having best friends like this where we would have a sleepover club is something I always wanted! The 100 has become one of my favourite shows right now! Now I'm all older..I have a certain love for books/TV shows/films about dystopian worlds..I don't know what it is..they just intrigue me! The fact that actress who played one of my favourite characters when I was younger is now the lead in this..is just fab! When I first saw the advert for the 100..you heard her voice before actually seeing who it was, and I just knew I knew her! so once I saw her I just knew I had to watch it. Which I am so glad about because it just gets better and better with every episode!

2. Hilary Duff(Lizzie McGuire-Two and a Half Men)

Hilary Duff played Lizzie McGuire in the self titled show and played Stacey in Two and a Half Men(not a major role).

I have always loved Hilary Duff! The first thing I ever saw her in was Lizzie McGuire, which I used to watch with my mum all the time! It was such a good show (old school Disney was the best) and after loving her in that I went on to watch her in other stuff such as; A Cinderella Story, The Perfect Man, Raise Your Voice, Stay Cool, Beauty and a Briefcase and most recently Two and a Half Men! She didn't have a major role, but it was so good to see her in something as she hadn't been in anything in such a long time! 

3. Emily Osment (Hannah Montana-Young & Hungry)

Emily Osment played Lily Truscott in Hannah Montana and now plays Gabi Diamond in Young & Hungry!

I can't be the only one who loved Hannah Montana?? Lily was literally best friend goals! I definitely think Emily's acting is what made Lily the best..because Gabi is even better!! Having an actress from my ultimate favourite show being in something that is making my heart skip a beat (will Gabi ever know how Josh feels?!?!) is something that makes me very very happy! 

4. Phoebe Tonkin (H20: Just Add Water-The Vampire Diaries/The Originals)

Phoebe Tonkin played Cleo Sertori in H20: Just Add Water and now plays Hayley Marshall in The Originals!

A show about mermaids..what more could you want?? (another of my fave Australian shows) I won't even pretend like I only watched this when I was younger...because I own all 3 seasons on dvd and will happily watch it whenever (I also binged on the spin off Mako Mermaids on Netflix) I love Australia and mermaids..so the perfect show really! Cleo was my favourite character...she was just sweet, funny and a little bit stupid but that's what made her a great character! So seeing Phoebe in The Orginals is amazing! especially as she is playing a werewolf (well technically a hybrid now) it just shows that's she's a great actress...and also very good at playing mythical creatures!

5. Luke Mitchell (H20: Just Add Water-Home and Away-The Tomorrow People)

Luke Mitchell played Will Benjamin in H20: Just Add Water, Romeo Smith in Home and Away and John Young in The Tomorrow People!

Luke Mitchell is my absolute fave! I first saw him on H20: Just Add Water and just fell in love!! He was the reason I started watching Home and Away(thank you for that!)...so when Romeo's cancer storyline hit and he died..it just killed me! Not seeing him acting was just going to be weird! But then The Tomorrow People came out...and I was just beyond thrilled to finally have him back on my TV!! (The fact it was cancelled after the first season was terrible...it just wasn't given enough time to prove how good it was!!) I saw that he has a role in the second season of Agents of Shield..so I'm going to have to start watching that!!

6. Claire Holt (H20: Just Add Water-Mean Girls 2-Pretty Little Liars-The Vampire Diaries/ The Originals)

Claire Holt played Emma Gilbert in H20: Just Add Water, Chastity Meyer in Mean Girls 2, Samara Cook in Pretty Little Liars and Rebekah Mikaelson in The Vampire Diares/ The Originals!

Another and the last from H20: Just Add Water...can you tell it's one of my favourites? Claire Holt is definitely one of my favourites..each character I have seen her play have been so different and she has pulled it off so well...I won't tell you how long it took me before I realised it was her in Mean Girls 2!! The fact that she has been in some of my favourite shows is the best, I just love watching her! I wish she had more screen time in Pretty Little Liars because I would've loved to see more from that character!

7. Thomas McDonnel (Prom-The 100)

Thomas McDonnel played Jesse Richter in Prom and Finn Collins in The 100.

hahaha let's start off with the fact I am still not over the 100 killing off Finn...which is why I thought a screen cap of his last words would be appropriate because he was the best! Also pretty much the opposite of Jesse from Prom...he started off sweet..up until the point he massacred a load of people looking for Clarke(but cmon he was looking for the one he loved)...and Jesse started off rude(not massacring tho) and ended up sweet.

8. Alexa Pena Vega (Spy Kids-The Tomorrow People)

Alexa Pena Vega played Carmen Cortez in Spy Kids and Hillary Cole in The Tomorrow People!

When you were younger you just wanted to be a spy kid (not the weird copycat ones that were in the film..but like Carmen and Juni) or was that just me? I have been obsessed with these films for so long..they are just so entertaining! The Tomorrow People became one of my obsessions in 2014..and finding out the girl who played Hillary was a spy kid was just amazing...she easily became one of my favourite characters and when she blew herself up to save Stephen I swear I cried for so long!

9. Aaron Taylor Johnson (Angus Thongs and Perfect Snogging-The Avengers: Age Of Ultron) 
Aaron Taylor Johnson played Robbie in Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging and plays Quicksilver in The Avengers!

You're lying if you tell me Aaron Taylor Johnson wasn't your obsession during 2008/2009...Robbie was the dream boyfriend!! but I must admit he went a bit dodge when he dyed his hair blonde and grew that weird moustache (sorry but he did)...so to find out that he is going to be in something coming out soon and looks so freaking gorgeous just makes me so so excited!! Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging is one of my favourite films...and I love the Avengers so I cannot wait to see him in it!!

They are just a few of the people who have been in multiple things I have watched and are the main people I have freaked out about...I'm sure there are plenty more that I haven't thought of..so if I ever think of them again I shall be sure to make a part 2 to this post..




(none of the pictures are mine...just got them off of google)



Share:
© Could I Be Anymore Boring? | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig